Talks and Media
Please find below a list of talks that I have given, including invited talks at conferences, colloquia, and seminars.
Conference and Workshop Talks
- Ohio Section of American Physical Society (Invited Plenary, October 2013)
- Dark Matter: An Experimentalist's Perspective
- TAUP 2013 (Invited Plenary Talk, September 2013)
- Big Questions in Astrophysics and Cosmology (September, 2013)
- Introduction, Summary and Outlooks for Dark Matter Detection
- XXV Rencontres de Blois (Invited Plenary Talk, May 2013)
- Low Radioactivity Techniques 2013 (April 2013)
- VII International Workshop on the Dark Side of the Universe (Invited Plenary Talks, Summer 2012)
- The LHC, Particle Physics and the Cosmos (Summer, 2012)
- Results from CDMS II and Status of SuperCDMS
- XXIII Rencontres de Blois (Summer, 2011)
- Constraints on Low Mass WIMPs from the CDMS II Experiment
- Low Radioactivity Techniques (Invited Plenary Talk, August 29, 2010)
- The XIA Surface Alpha Counter
- PASCOS 2010 (Invited Plenary Talk, July 22, 2010)
- TAUP 2009 (Invited Plenary Talk, July 2, 2009)
- American Physical Society, March Meeting 2008
- Results and Prospects for Direct Dark Matter Detection via Cryogenic Techniques (Abstract)
- Press releases based on my talk and the press conference afterward:
- Weak Interactions and Neutrinos (WIN) 2007
- 41st Rencontres De Moriond And 26th Astrophysics Moriond Meeting: From Dark Halos To Light (2006)
- Status and Perspectives of Dark Matter Searches (Proceedings)
- Vancouver Linear Collider Workshop (2006)
Recent Colloquia and Seminars
- Univeristy of Kentucky (Colloquium, Invited)
- CERN (Seminar)
- Universidad de Guanajuato (Colloquium Marcos Moshinsky, Invited)
- Universidad de Guanajuato (Physics Institute Seminar, Invited)
- UT Arlington (Seminar, Invited)
- Uppsala Univeritet (Seminar, Invited)
- Triangle Universities Nuclear Laboratory (TUNL Seminar, Invited)
- Indiana University (Seminar, Invited)
- SLAC Experimental Seminar (Invited) - Status and Prospects for the SuperCDMS and GEODM Experiments
- Columbia University (Seminar, Invited)
- Rutgers University (Seminar, Invited)
- University of Maryland (Seminar, Invited)
- University of Delaware (Colloquium, Invited)
- "New Results from the Final Runs of the CDMS II Experiment" (SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory)[Video]
- CERN Joint EP/PP Seminar (Invited) - "Recoiling against the dark universe" (July 7, 2009)
- Town and Gown Club, SMU (March, 2013)
- Master Teachers Course, SMU (March, 2013)
- QuarkNet, SMU (June, 2011)
- Collegium da Vinci, SMU (November 7, 2010) (pdf)
- "Whispers in the Dark", presented at Sonoma State University as part of the "What Physicsts Do" Series (April 6, 2009)
- span style="font-weight: bold;">March 2015: Listen to Steven Weinberg, Dan Hooper and I discuss dark matter and dark energy on NPR's Science Friday.
- Search the SMU research blog to find a list of articles about my research in the news.
- span style="font-weight: bold;">December 2013: View my lectures on the direct detection of dark matter as part of the Fermilab Academic Lectures series.
- span style="font-weight: bold;">September 2013: Interview with Andrea Albert at the KIPAC@10 Conference.
- Nov. 24, 2010: Interview with reporter Jonathan Betz of Dallas ABC affiliate WFAA.
- Dec. 18, 2009: The CDMS Collaboration releases results (arXiv:0912.3592) in the search for dark matter using the entire CDMS II data sample.
I present the results at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.