Electric Field and Electric Potential Prelab Assignment
Name:_________________________ Lab Section:________ 4-digit Code Number:____________
- The "parallel plate" field plate used in this lab has two parallel conductors separated by (6.70 ± 0.05) cm. If the electric potential difference between the two parallel plates is (8.0 ± 0.5) v, what is the magnitude of the electric field between the plates with an error estimate. Recall that, E = ΔV /Δs.
- What is an electric field line?
- What are equipotential surfaces? Are they necessarily physical surfaces?
- Why must electric field lines be perpendicular to equipotential surfaces?
- For this experiment, the exact voltage supplied to the circuit is not
important. Why does it not matter?
Go to the lab