DC Circuits and Kirchhoff's Laws Prelab Assignment
Name:_________________________ Lab Section:________ 4-digit Code Number:____________
- Draw the symbols for the following circuit elements: a battery, a light, a resistor, and a switch.
- Draw a circuit diagram for two resistors in parallel connected to a battery.
- In a second circuit digram add a light in series with the pair of resistors in the circuit above.
- Which bulb has the lower resistance: a 120-volt bulb that operates at
25 watts or a 120-volt bulb that operates at 500 watts?
- State Kirchhoff's loop rule for circuits. Explain in your own words
what it means. How is it related to conservation of energy?
- State Kirchhoff's junction rule for circuits. Explain in your own
words what it means. How is it related to conservation of charge?
Go to the lab