Error Analysis Quiz
- Put this measurement in standard form, with suitable numbers of
significant figures: 5.6789 kg +- 0.123 kg
- What is the mean of these measurements with an error estimate:
2.17 m, 2.20 m, 2.20 m, 2.18 m, 2.15 m ?
- Let a=5+-1g; b=4+-1g; c=6+-1g; d=8+-1g. What is a+b+c-d with an
- What is a*b*c/d with an error estimate?
- What is a^3/b^4 with an error estimate?
- What are the slope and y-intercept of the least-squares fit line
through these data to three significant figures:
(3.1, 9.7), (4.0, 15.1), (4.9, 19.8), (6.2, 24.8), (7.1, 30.0)
Write down your solutions first, then check the