Pure and Applied Sciences Pillar Student Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate basic facility with the methods and approaches of
scientific inquiry and problem-solving.
- Students explain how the concepts and findings of science in general,
or of particular sciences, shape our world.
Quantitative Reasoning Proficiencies and Experiences
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to develop quantitative models appropriate to
problems in Physics.
- Students will be able to assess the strengths and limitations of
quantitative models and methods used in Physics
- Students will be able to apply symbolic systems of representation.
- Students will be able to collect, organize and analyze data from a
variety of sources.
- Students will be able to communicate and represent quantitative
information or results numerically, symbolically, aurally, visually,
verbally, or in writing.
Students understand and apply error analysis to measurements in
electricity and magnetism.