Pure and Applied Sciences Pillar Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic facility with the methods and approaches of scientific inquiry,
hypothesis development, and/or problem solving.
- Students will be able to explain how the concepts, advancements, and findings of science or technology in
general, or of particular sciences or technologies, shape our world.
Quantitative Reasoning Proficiencies and Experiences
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to develop quantitative models appropriate to
problems in Physics.
- Students will be able to formulate structured and logical arguments.
- Students will be able to apply symbolic systems of representation.
- Students will be able to collect, organize and analyze data from a
variety of sources.
- Students will be able to communicate and represent quantitative
information or results numerically, symbolically, aurally, visually,
verbally, or in writing.
Students understand and apply error analysis to measurements in
electricity and magnetism.