Due to the rampant absenteeism last year and the resulting
12 failing grades, we have instituted a new attendance policy:
If you accrue more than six (6) unexcused absences, you automatically
fail this course. Period. No exceptions.
Remember that encounter forms and walk-out statements
DO NOT INDICATE AN EXCUSED ABSENCE. See the course page on
We are going to try to maintain a proper academic learning environment
in the classroom. Toward that end, here are some rules.
- ALL cell phones are to be turned OFF and put away. We don't want
to hear any phones going off and interrupting the class.
- Do not use a cell phone for frivolous web-surfing or instant messaging
during the class period.
- Do not read newspapers or other stuff during class. This is quite rude
to everyone else.
- Do not work on any other class assignments during the class.
- Don't yak with your neighbors. This bothers everybody else. Save the
chatter for after class. If you have something to contribute to lecture,
please raise your hand until you are acknowledged.
- Do not eat during the class. This particularly means crunchy snacks
or other noisy food.