The URL of this page is http://www.physics.smu.edu/scalise/P4211sp14/
Physics 4211, 4112
Laboratory Physics I & II - Spring 2014
Professor Randall J. Scalise
- Lecture meeting time and place: Friday noon-1:00pm in room 60 Fondren Science.
- Laboratory meeting place: Room 2 Fondren Science Building.
- Supervised lab times You MUST show up for one of these:
- Tuesday 2:00-5:00pm
- Friday 1:00-3:00pm
- Unsupervised lab times: any time you wish.
- Office hours: in room 107 Fondren Science by appointment.
- Call or leave a message at 768-2504, or
- Leave a note in the Physics Department Office - 102 Fondren Science, or
- send me e-mail:
- The Art of Electronics, 2/e. by P. Horowitz and W. Hill, Cambridge University Press, 1989, ISBN 0-521-37095-7.
- Student Manual for the Art of Electronics by T.C. Hayes and P. Horowitz, Cambridge University Press, 1989, ISBN 0-521-37709-9.
- An Introduction to Error Analysis, 2/e by J.R Taylor, University Science Books, ISBN 0-935702-75-X.
- One or more laboratory notebooks of the kind used in PHYS 1105 and 1106.
- Grading: 70% Lab reports, 20% Midterm exam, 10% Homework.
Late work is given half credit if it is received before the solutions are posted;
late work is given no credit if it is received after the solutions are posted.
- Homework solutions
- Lab rules from PHYS 1105 and 1106 (some do not apply).
- Official University Calendar
- Students with disabilities, medically excused absences, absences in general
Back to Professor Scalise's Home Page