Southern Methodist University is proud to present the
2013 Beal Bank Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair
One of the largest student fairs in the nation, there are $100,000 in cash, prizes, and scholarships on offer to students as well as progression to the Texas State and the International fairs. There are also awards to successful teachers!
Science Fair stimulates interest in scientific investigation beyond that covered in the classroom. highlights and rewards scientific talent through exhibit and demonstration, provides constructive suggestions for science teachers and their students. recognizes teachers for their outstanding contributions. and stimulates public interest in the scientific abilities of students.
About the Fair2013 Fair...
After winning school and district fairs, around 1,000 students from 20 Dallas-area cities register to exhibit projects in the Regional Fair. They are judged for creative ability, scientific thought, engineering goals, skill, thoroughness and clarity by around 400 volunteer judges from area businesses, professional and academic organizations.
- All students who exhibit at the Regional Fair receive a certificate.
- Those who place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in science category win cash awards from Beal Bank.
- There are also around 150 Special Awards to be won from local businesses and educational organizations.
- All 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Special Award winners and their teachers are invited to the Beal Bank Awards Banquet on SMU campus.
- Grand Prize winning projects will be displayed during spring break at the Scitech Discovery Center; students can spend time there explaining their work to the public.
- And Southern Methodist University offers scholarships to Senior Division Grand Prize winners.
- All students who place 1st, 2nd , or 3rd in science category qualify for the Texas State Science and Engineering Fair
- All Senior Division Grand Prize winners and runners up at the Dallas Regional Fair qualify directly for the International Fair; the trip for the student and adult-in-charge is sponsored by Beal Bank.
- Top 10% of Junior Division winners at DRSEF will be nominated for the BROADCOM Masters. 3 DRSEF students were finalists in 2011 - see their video .
Grand Prize Winners 2013
Junior Fair Official
© Copyright 2008 · Dallas
Regional Science & Engineering Fair