the Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it.
Others are in PostScript format and require the free
ghostview program. Download
ghostview if you do not already have it.
Practice Exams: also available with the lecture notes
Exam Dates: Closed book, one equation sheet allowed.
- Exam 1 - Spring 1996, 14 pages,
PostScript (222129 bytes),
PDF (125128 bytes),
- Exam 2 - Spring 1996, 14 pages,
PostScript (350734 bytes),
PDF (152428 bytes),
- Exam 3 - Spring 1996, 17 pages,
PostScript (1199948 bytes),
PDF (281522 bytes),
- Final - Spring 1996, 20 pages,
PostScript (1128288 bytes),
PDF (299075 bytes),
Make-up Exams: You must present me with a verifiable excuse
in writing one week prior to the scheduled exam. No make-ups
will be given for the final exam.
Homework Quizzes: 20 minutes long,
at the beginning of lecture, closed book, based strongly on
Make-up Quizzes: There are none.
Reading Quizzes: Unannounced, based on the assigned reading,
very short, very easy (if you have done the assigned reading)
Homework: Due on the day of the quiz.
Laboratory: If you need the laboratory component of this course,
you must register for the one-credit laboratory course, Physics 1105.
Letter Grade Break Points
- Exam 1 - Friday 7 June 2002 in class
- Exam 2 - Friday 14 June 2002 in class
- Exam 3 - Friday 21 June 2002 in class
- Final Exam (Cumulative) - Friday 28 June 2002 in class
Grade Summary -
All the individual test grades arranged by four-digit code number
Students with Disabilities
Official University Calendar
On reserve in the Fondren Library, and available electronically at
Relevant Web Sites:
- Exam 1 - 20%
- Exam 2 - 20%
- Exam 3 - 20%
- Final - 20%
- Homework Quizzes - 10% (Drop lowest)
- Homework - 5% (Drop lowest)
- Reading Quizzes - 5% (Drop lowest)