Kirchhoff's Rules Prelab Assignment
4-digit Code Number:_______________________________
- Which bulb has the lower resistance: a 120-volt bulb that operates at
25 watts or a 120-volt bulb that operates at 500 watts?
- A bank of 80 1.5-volt flashlight batteries in series is prepared.
The voltage difference across the bank is 120 V.
A 120-volt bulb that operates at 25 watts glows at normal brightness when
connected across the bank of batteries. The 25-watt bulb is then removed.
A 120-volt bulb that usually
operates at 500 watts glows only dimly when connected across the same
bank of batteries. Explain.
- Under what circumstances would you want to connect resistors in parallel?
- State Kirchhoff's loop rule for circuits. Explain in your own words
what it means. How is it related to conservation of energy?
- State Kirchhoff's junction rule for circuits. Explain in your own
words what it means. How is it related to conservation of charge?
- What precautions should be noted before measuring current with the
To what setting should the function switch be set?
Into which two of the four jacks should the probe leads be inserted?
Go to the lab