Electric Force and Electric Charge Prelab Assignment
Name:_______________________ Lab Section:_____ Code Number:______
Read Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics, Chapter 21.
- Write Coulomb's Law in equation form and explain what the equation means. Do
not simply translate the symbols from math into English, but rather explain the
content of the law.
- A piece of material is electrically neutral. What is its total electric charge?
Can there be positive or negative charge inside this material?
- Explain in your own words the meaning of the superposition principle.
- A charge of 25 mC is uniformly distributed throughout a 15 cm x 3.0 cm
x 2.0 cm rubber block. What is the volume charge density in the block?
- What is the linear charge density along the first (x) dimension?
Go to the lab