Fundamentals of Physics - Fall 1996
- Lecture: MW 1:00-1:50pm in 123
- Laboratory Sessions: Tu. 1:00-2:50pm and 3:00-4:50pm in 25 Fondren Science.
Professor Thomas E. Coan
- Office hours: Monday 2:00-4:00pm in 4 Fondren Science
and by appointment.
- Call or leave a message at 768-2497, or
- Leave a note in the Physics Department Office - 106 Fondren Science, or
- send me e-mail:
- Homework assignments
- Homework solutions
- Course grading policy
- Text: Jerry B. Wilson,
College Physics, 2nd edition, Prentice Hall, ISBN 0-13-145269-X.
- Laboratory Manual: Available from Impressions in the
basement of Clements Hall.
- Problem Help: TWTh 6:00-8:00pm in 100 Fondren Science. A physics graduate student is
available to help with homework problems and lecture material.
- Exam Dates:
- Exam 1 - Wednesday 25 Sep 1996 1:00 - 1:50pm in 123 Fondren Science.
- Exam1 Solutions
- Exam 2 - Wednesday 27 Oct 1996 1:00 - 1:50pm in 123 Fondren Science.
- Exam2 Solutions
- Exam 3 - Wednesday 27 Nov 1996 1:00 - 1:50pm in 123 Fondren Science.
- Exam3 Solutions
- Final Exam - (Cumulative) Tuesday 10 December 1996 11:30am - 2:30pm 123 Fondren Science.
- Practice Exams: Practice exams will be distributed in lecture prior
to real exams.
- Quizzes: Given in lecture, roughly 10 minutes long, closed book
and are unannounced.
- Laboratory: Students registered for Physics 1313 must
attend one of the two Tuesday laboratory sessions.
- Final Grades: The final grades for this course are "curved". I will provide
more information on this procedure in lecture. See the above "grading policy" link for
details describing how much each portion of the course contributes to your final letter grade.
- University Holidays: Monday 2 Sep and Thur. & Fri. 28-29 Nov.