The Physical Perspective
Prof. Thomas Coan
- Lecture: MW 1:00-1:50pm in 123
- Laboratory Sessions: Tu. 1:00-2:50pm and 3:00-4:50pm in 25 Fondren Science.
Professor Thomas E. Coan
- Office hours: Monday 2:00-4:00pm in 4 Fondren Science
and by appointment.
- Call or leave a message at 768-2497, or
- Leave a note in the Physics Department Office - 106 Fondren Science, or
- send me e-mail:
- Homework assignments
- Homework solutions
- Course grading policy
- Laboratory session organization
- Text: J.D. Cutnell and K.W. Johnson,
Physics, 4th edition, John Wiley and Sons, ISBN 0-471-19113-2 OR 0-471-15519-5.
- Laboratory Manual available here.
- Problem Help: MTh 6:30-8:00 pm in 100 Fondren Science. A physics graduate student is
available to help with homework problems and lecture material.
- Quizzes: Lecture quizzes are roughly 10 minutes long, closed book
and are unannounced. Lab quizzes are roughly 5 minutes long and happen every lab.
- Exam Dates:
- Exam 1 - Tuesday 15 Feb 2000 during lab period in 25 Fondren Science.
- Exam 2 - Tuesday 21 Mar 2000 during lab period in 25 Fondren Science.
- Exam 3 - Tuesday 25 Apr 2000 during lab period in 25 Fondren Science.
- Final Exam - (Cumulative) Monday 8 May 2000 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM 123 Fondren Science.
- Laboratory: Students registered for Physics 1314 must
attend one of the two Tuesday laboratory sessions.
Back to Coan's Home Page