the Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it.
Others are in PostScript format and require the free
ghostview program. Download
ghostview if you do not already have it.
Practice Exams: also available with the lecture notes
- Exam 1 - Spring 1996, 14 pages,
PostScript (222129 bytes),
PDF (125128 bytes),
- Exam 2 - Spring 1996, 14 pages,
PostScript (350734 bytes),
PDF (152428 bytes),
- Exam 3 - Spring 1996, 17 pages,
PostScript (1199948 bytes),
PDF (281522 bytes),
- Final - Spring 1996, 20 pages,
PostScript (1128288 bytes),
PDF (299075 bytes),
Exam Dates: Closed book, one equation sheet allowed.
- Weekly homework review session: Mondays 7:00-8:00pm, room 119 Fondren Science
- for Exam 1 - Monday 18 February 2002, 7:00-9:00pm in room 119 Fondren Science
- for Exam 2 - Monday 25 March 2002, 7:00-9:00pm in room 119 Fondren Science
- for Exam 3 - Monday 15 April 2002, 7:00-9:00pm in room 119 Fondren Science
- for the Final Exam - Thursday 2 May 2002, 7:00-9:00pm in ???
Make-up Exams: You must present me with a verifiable excuse
in writing one week prior to the scheduled exam. No make-ups
will be given for the final exam.
Homework Quizzes: 20 minutes long,
at the beginning of lecture, closed book, based strongly on
Make-up Quizzes: There are none.
Reading Quizzes: Unannounced, based on the assigned reading,
very short, very easy (if you have done the assigned reading)
Homework: Due on the day of the quiz.
Laboratory: If you need the laboratory component of this course,
you may register for the four-credit Physics 1403, or you may register
separately for the three-credit lecture Physics 1303 and the one-credit
laboratory Physics 1105.
Letter Grade Break Points
- Exam 1 - Tuesday 19 February 2002, in class
- Exam 2 - Tuesday 26 March 2002, in class
- Exam 3 - Tuesday 16 April 2002, in class
- Final Exam (Cumulative) - Friday 3 May 2002, 3:00-6:00pm
in 119 Fondren Science
Grade Summary -
All the individual test grades arranged by four-digit code number
- Exam 1 - 20%
- Exam 2 - 20%
- Exam 3 - 20%
- Final - 20%
- Homework Quizzes - 10% (Drop lowest)
- Homework - 5% (Drop lowest)
- Reading Quizzes - 5% (Drop lowest)
Students with Disabilities
Official University Calendar
On reserve in the Fondren Library, and available electronically at
Relevant Web Sites:
- Monday 21 January 2002
- 9-17 March 2002 - "Spring" Break
- Friday 29 March 2002