Forces in Equilibrium Prelab Assignment
4-digit Code Number:_______________________________
- A frictionless incline (the triangle below) is bolted to the floor
so that it can not move. A block of mass m slides down the
slope, which makes an angle
with the horizontal.
- Draw a free-body diagram for the block, labeling all forces uniquely.
- Describe all the forces listed above in the following format:
F1 acts on ________________ and is caused by
- What is the magnitude of the normal force acting on the block?
- What is the magnitude of the acceleration of the block down the slope?
Go to the lab